Xunantunich Maya Ruins
Depart for a day of Mayan historical adventure to see some of the finest Maya Ruins in Belize.
Xunantunich is located in the Cayo District across from Benque Viejo Road near the village of San Jose Succotz just a few miles from Belize’s western border with Guatemala. At the village of San Jose Succotz, we cross over the Mopan River using a hand-cranked ferry. From the other side of the river, it’s a mile uphill to the site, which can be accessed on foot or in a vehicle.
Xunantunich Mayan ruin, also known as the “Maiden of the Rock” is the second tallest Mayan ruin in Belize. The largest pyramid, El Castillo stands 130 feet high above the main plaza and offers an impressive panoramic view of the Cayo District, Guatemala, and the Mopan River. The site has been largely excavated and has a well-appointed educational museum.
Experience an authentic Belizean lunch in the immediate area of the ruins.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Xunantunich
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Xunantunich, Belize
Explore the ancient Mayan center of Xunantunich and soak up the history of this fascinating area with your licensed guide.
Marvel at the perfect architecture of El Castillo, one of the three largest Maya Temples of Belize, and the largest structure on this site standing 130 feet above plaza level, with several inner chambers; move through other temples and courtyards where once Kings, Queens and their elite carried out special ceremonies honoring mayan gods
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
free pick up from all hotels in Hopkins
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.