Xunantunich Maya Ruins & Cave Tubing - St. Herman's Cave
Depart for a day of Mayan historical adventure to see one of the finest Maya Ruins in Belize.
Xunantunich Mayan ruin, also known as the “Maiden of the Rock” is the second tallest Mayan ruin in Belize. The largest pyramid, El Castillo stands 130 feet high above the main plaza and offers an impressive panoramic view of the Cayo District, Guatemala, and the Mopan River. The site has been largely excavated and has a well-appointed educational museum.
Experience an authentic Belizean lunch in the immediate area of the ruins.
Now we make our way to Cave Tubing @ St. Herman's Cave. This is a combination of cave exploration and cave tubing to explore this incredible river cave system. Imagine the excitement as you drift downriver, your body tucked in an inflated inner tube, your fingers trailing in the crisp clear river and up head is the vine-draped opening of mysterious cave.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- cave tubing gears
- Entry/Admission - Xunantunich
- Entry/Admission - St. Herman's Cave
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Xunantunich, Belize
Explore the ancient Mayan center of Xunantunich and soak up the history of this fascinating area with your licensed guide.
Marvel at the perfect architecture of El Castillo, one of the three largest Maya Temples of Belize, and the largest structure on this site standing 130 feet above plaza level, with several inner chambers; move through other temples and courtyards where once Kings, Queens and their elite carried out special ceremonies honoring mayan gods
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St. Herman's Cave, About 500 meters from the Hummingbird Highway, Belmopan Belize
The tour starts with a 10 minute walk through the jungle as you get an informative talk on cave archaeology and the geology of the Maya Mountains. You then get to spend about two hours inside the cave system. Enter the exciting world of rivers disappearing into the “underworld” as you float on inner tubes with only your head lamp to light your way.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
free pick up from all hotels in Hopkins
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.