Walking Tour in the Historic Center of Salerno
This excursion will give you the opportunity to get to know Salerno, the city of the landing of the allies and the ancient medical school. Many nominations have left important traces in the city, especially the Lombards and Normans, There is no lack of finds from the Roman era and the Cathedral is of the most significant medieval monuments in southern Italy.
From the port of Salerno to the city centre in a few minutes;
We will enter the historical center and visit the complex of S. Pietro a Corte and Cathedral of S. Matteo;
Continue on Via Mercanti and arrive at the main street, renowned for leisure and shopping;
Finally we will walk along the seafront reaching the ship at the port again.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide or tour leader
- H24 information service from the time of booking
- Service for the duration of the journey
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets to the historical sites
- Food and drinks
Salerno is the second largest city in the Campania region, with one of the largest ports in Italy. It was the capital of Italy after the Second World War and experienced the drama of the landing of the Allies. The liberty Style of the palaces of power is beautiful, and the historic center is splendid, with the cathedral of St. Matthew, wanted by the superb Robert Guiscard, prince of the Normans. From the hill "Bonadies" the ancient Lombard castle watches over the city, "the castle of Arechi", Lombard duke, from which the Normans took power after bloody struggles.
Salerno is the city of the ancient medical school, from which the branches of modern medicine derive. Today the history of the prestigious medical school in Salerno is told in the museum dedicated to it, along the picturesque lanes of the old town, rich in jewellers and goldsmiths, a tradition that in the city is handed down from family to family.
During the Christmas period, Salerno lights up with lights for the now famous event known as "artist lights", during which local craftsmen, with recycled materials, decorate every corner of the city. The city park is transformed into an enchanted garden, is a fairytale.
Departure Point :Guardia Di Finanza Comando Sezione Operativa Navale Salerno, Via Molo Manfredi, 1, 84121 Salerno SA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Start Time Small Group: 9:00 a. m. - 1:00 p. m.
- Meeting point: Salerno port, landing point of the ship - Theatre Verdi entrance
- We have taken all necessary and appropriate preventive measures against COVID-19. The traveler will be provided with a VADEMECUM of protection from biological risk to be adopted
- The guide or tour leader is waiting for you with the name board clearly visible
- Check-in takes place 15 minutes before the start of the booked tour
- We reserve the right to cancel the tour if the minimum number of 2 participants is not reached. The amount will be refunded or an alternative tour will be offered
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour includes many walking itineraries, so we recommend that you wear appropriate clothing. The program remains valid with all weather conditions
- We recommend to communicate any need related to the accessibility of the tour when you book our services
- We reserve the right to make changes to the tour, including the sequence of places to visit if deemed necessary
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.