Traditional Kikuyu Cooking Class In My Village
Join me for a fun-filled Kikuyu cooking class in the outskirts of Nairobi, where I will teach you how to make traditional Kikuyu dishes.
We will have a great cooking class as I will be teach you how we use local ingredients to make some truly mouth-watering dishes.
You will learn how to use a traditional jiko when cooking and also our 3stone fire place..
We also welcome the vegetarians to this cooking class ..kindly let me know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.
After cooking, we will sit down and enjoy the lovely African meal that we've made. We will have our meal in a homely setting with some of my cousins that I am sure you will enjoy as they share with you more about life here in Kenya.
per adult from
1 day 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Some of the highlights include:
1. Learning how to make Kikuyu Food
2. Enjoy the traditional setting of a Kikuyu family
3.Explore the culture and the types of food
4.Interact with a Local Family
5. Enjoy Delicious food
I will pick you up at your hotel and you will get to Join me for a fun-filled Kikuyu cooking class in the outskirts of Nairobi, where I will teach you how to make traditional Kikuyu dishes.
I will teach you how to use local ingredients to make some truly mouth-watering dishes like mukimo, mashed potatoes with corn and vegetables, mainly pumpkin leaves. I will show you how to make ugali, a favourite of mine which is made from corn flour.
After cooking, we will sit down and enjoy the lovely African meal that we've made. We will have our meal in a homely setting with my grandparents that I am sure you will enjoy as they share with you more about life here in Kenya.
After that i will then drop you at your hotel after the activity.
• ugali - Our traditional Ugali is a main dish in my culture and it is made from corn flour and eaten with sukuma wiki and beef
• mukimo - made from potaotes, peas and maize
• matoke - a traditional dish made of bananas and potatoes
Departure Point :Nation Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Traveler pickup is offered
Kindly reach me on on cell phone no 0724 942 346 for easier communication.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.