The Dönerkebab: Discover how it changed Germany on an audio walking tour
Get familiar with the most popular street food in Germany, the Döner Kebab, on this self-guided GPS audio tour.
Take a walk through Kreuzberg, also known as little Istanbul, and learn about the life and legends of Berlin's Turkish community and the invention of the Döner Kebab. You will follow a path through eastern Kreuzberg, once walled in by the Berlin Wall on three sites, and now known as Berlins most multicultural area.
We show you where the Berlin wall divided the neighbourhood in two and where the city's most legendary Döner Kebab is sold. The tour doesn’t include a food stop, but you are free to stop at any time and savour the local delicacies whenever it suits you. Just press play when you are ready to go, stop when you get hungry and press play again to continue.
per adult from
45 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Omar Moschee, Wiener Straße 1-6, 10999 Berlin, Germany
The tour begins outside the Omar Mosque where you can see a cafe, a Döner restaurant and revolving doors leading into the large building. Only the tiny minarets on top reveal the building as a mosque.
Pass By: Heinrichplatz, 10999 Berlin, Germany
The tour takes you briefly through Heinrichplatz.
Pass By: Feuerwehrbrunnen, 10997 Berlin, Germany
The tour passes by the Feuerwehrbrunnen also called The Fire Brigade Fountain.
Stop At: Waldemarstraße, Berlin, Germany
As you walk along a path in the park, you will discover more about the Dönerkebab's history.
Duration: 12 minutes
Pass By: Maybachufer, Berlin, Germany
The tour ends at the Maybachufer, the Turkish Market in Berlin.
Departure Point :Omar Moschee, Wiener Straße 1-6, 10999 Berlin, Germany
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/9/2019 - 8/2/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :DEEZER nextbike, Fraenkelufer, 10967 Berlin, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.