Temazcal Ancestral Healing Ceremony
TEMAZCALl have many physical benefits
FLUSHES OUT TOXINS
Sweat helps to push out toxins — a catch-all name for generally harmful bodies that enter our systems. Getting rid of them can help to improve your overall well-being.
The steam produced by pouring water with herbs over the hot rocks helps to flush out impurities in the skin, clearing the pores and creating a smoother look. Steam rooms could also help to treat acne.
SUPPORTS WEIGHT LOSS
Increasing the amount you sweat can help you get rid of water weight. While not a cause for concern, water weight can cause bloating and be uncomfortable.
DECREASES RISK OF DEMENTIA AND ALZHEIMER’S
Sitting in a sweat lodge is understood to decrease the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, according to a study published in the scientific journal Age And Ageing.
RELEASES MENTAL BURDENS
Finally, many temazcal ceremonies involve deep contemplation akin to mediation. “It’s a very ancient ritual, to be healthy, to be balanced, to stay calm in our minds.”
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - Fresh fruits and natural fruit waters.
What's excluded :
I start welcoming people with a refreshing drink, I explain the Temazcal process, that is a traditional Mexican steam bath, which originated with pre-Hispanic Indigenous peoples, Is used as part of a curative ceremony thought to purify the body and balance mind, body and spirit, as my Mayan ancestors have done. And I answer all your questions about my culture.
With sahumerio, copal and incense I make a energetic cleaning (preparation before entering the Temazcal). Afterwards, we enter at the Temazcal and we sit around the navel. Then the previously heated volcanic stones, which emit steam, emerge. The place becomes little warm, While the body rids itself of toxins through sweating, the spirit is renewed through ritual. And we will learn the importance of the words, the silence and the strength of the songs, making relaxing but also fun dynamics.
When we finish we go out and shower in the garden with a rustic watering can, the water purifies our body. After I offer abundant and varied fresh fruits and natural fruit waters gift from our Mother Earth.
Besides promoting physical well-being and healing, the Temazcal is also a ritual and spiritual practice in which traditional healing methods are used to encourage reflection and introspection. The temazcal is thought to represent the womb and people coming out of the bath are, in a symbolic sense, re-born.
Come and enjoy a unique experience!
Departure Point :Calle 92 Nte 17, Luis Donaldo Colosio, 77728 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.