Nagarkot Bhaktapur Hike
Nagarkot to Changu Narayan temple hiking is a very recommended hiking for those returning back to Kathmandu or Bhaktapur and have a leisure day to do some green escape from Crazy Kathmandu.
UNESCO World Heritage Site of Changu Narayan Temple, oldest temple in Nepal.
Overnight stay at the cultural city of Bhaktapur with lots of temples and courtyards
Hike with the lovely views of the kathmandu valley
No staircases in this trek
Low altitude trek, great for first time trekker
Gain wonderful insight into what local life is like in the rural areas of Nepal outside of Kathmandu
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
Nagarkot - Bhaktapur Hike via Changu narayan hike is a beautiful hike of around 15 km, passing through the villages, forests with nice views of the himalayas, terraced farmlands, Kathmandu valley, etc. It is a short break adventure in the kathmandu valley ideal for family with children, nature lovers, cultural enthusiasts.
Enjoy the magnificent sunrise view over the distant Himalayas of langtang, jugal, for which Nagarkot has built up its reputation. After breakfast, we hike downhill to visit the oldest temple in Nepal, Changu Narayan. Dedicated to Lord Vishnu, the temple is revered by Hindu's all over Nepal.
Continue along the scenic route through terraced paddy fields, villages and pine forests (5 hrs approx) to the medieval town of Bhaktapur. In afternoon, you can wander around narrow lanes and the cobble stone streets of this 'city of devotees'. Try a delicious bowl of home made yoghurt, a local specialty.
Time duration: 5 hours
Distance: 15 km
Elevation drop: From 2000 m, elevation drop to 1500 m
Physical Rating: 3.5 out of 5
• Changu Narayan, Bhaktapur Nepal
• Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Bhaktapur 00977-1-4701148 Nepal
Departure Point :Langtang View Nagarkot Bed & Breakfast, Nagarkot Road, 44812, Nepal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.