Marangu Waterfall | Coffee making Cultural Tour -With- Burigi Chato Safaris
With BURIGI CHATO SAFARIS CO L.T.D, Immerse yourself in the history Marangu and its people. Marangu, at the lower slopes of Kilimanjaro, is a small town with a great amount of history and ancient traditions. Get carried away by the Chagga tribe, unique rainforest landscape and coffee growing insides.
In the morning we drive to Marangu Gate (1900m), the starting point for Kilimanjaro treks via the Marangu Route. You will get a sense of the spirit of the mountain. Marangu is home to the local Chagga tribe and you will learn their history and traditions on this full day excursion.We will visit a coffee farm, where you will learn how the coffee is grown, harvested and processed locally. Try your own hand at processing, roasting and preparing a fresh cup of coffee, then depart for the Ndoro Waterfalls. Our hike to the base of the waterfall will lead us through lush green landscape and the descend takes 1 hour. Then after we will visit to the Chagga Underground Caves and Live Museum.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Wages for the crew, First Aid Kit,
- Entry/Admission - Marangu Falls
What's excluded :
- Flights, Tipping the crew, Visas , Additional Park fees & Hotel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marangu Falls, Marangu Tanzania
In the morning we drive to Marangu Gate (1900m), the starting point for all Kilimanjaro treks via the Marangu Route. You will have the opportunity to take pictures of the mighty Kilimanjaro and get a sense of the spirit of the mountain. The area around Marangu is home to the local Chagga tribe and you will learn all about their history and traditions on this full day excursion. Our second stop will be visit a small coffee farm, where you will learn about how the coffee is grown, harvested and processed locally. Try your own hand at processing, roasting and preparing a fresh cup of coffee. Once you have finished enjoying your coffee break, we will depart for the Ndoro Waterfalls. Our hike to the base of the waterfall will lead us through lush green landscape and the descend takes approximately 1 hour. Here you have the opportunity to relax and take a refreshing bath in the pool of the waterfall.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Marangu, Marangu, Kilimanjaro Region
Another highlight will be the visit to the Chagga Underground Caves and the Chagga Live Museum.
In times of drought the Maasai migrated up the lower slopes of Kilimanjaro, in search of food and water. They enslaved and killed the local Chagga people. In defense of these attacks the Chagga built an extensive network of underground caves. Your guide will lively illustrate you the conflict while you visit the caves. We then continue to spend some time at the Chagga Live Museum, a small outdoor museum, which will give you further insides into traditional chagga life. Our tour also includes a chagga culinary taste, when we stop for lunch in a small restaurant. Here you will be served a traditional hot meal, later you will also have the chance to try the local spirits such as banana beer and wine.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Moshi, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Arusha Airport, Arusha, Tanzania
- Kilimanjaro International Airport, Kilimanjaro Airport Rd, Tanzania
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.