Leshan Giant Buddha and Jinli Ancient Street Day Tour
This is a private tour without a guide, you can choose to buy tickets for mountain climbing or boat ride at your own expense.At 7:45 in the morning, your personal driver picks you up at the hotel with your name and drives to Leshan Giant Buddha for about 2.5 hours.You can choose to climb the mountain or take a boat and buy your own tickets.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel costs
- Bottled water
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Tourist guide
- Entry/Admission - Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo), No.2435 Lingyun Street, Shizhong District, Leshan 614000 China
This is a private tour without a guide, you can choose to buy tickets for mountain climbing or boat ride at your own expense.At 7:45 in the morning, your personal driver picks you up at the hotel with your name and drives to Leshan Giant Buddha for about 2.5 hours.You can choose to climb the mountain or take a boat and buy your own tickets. After the tour, return to the parking lot.
When the Giant Buddha was carved, a huge thirteen story wood structure (similar to the one at the Rongxian Giant Buddha) was built to shelter it from rain and sunshine. This structure was destroyed and sacked by the Mongols during the wars at the end of the Yuan dynasty. From then on, the stone statue was exposed to the elements.The best way to visit the Leshan Giant Buddha is by boat, so you can watch the Buddha more fully. It takes about 2 hours to climb the mountain and about 40 minutes by boat. Leshan Giant Buddha is a 71-metre (233 ft) tall stone statue, built between 713 and 803 , depicting Maitreya.It is carved out of a cliff face of Cretaceous red bed sandstones that lies at the confluence of the Min River and Dadu River in the southern part of Sichuan province in China, near the city of Leshan. The stone sculpture faces Mount Emei, with the rivers flowing below its feet. It is the largest and tallest stone Buddha statue in the world and it is by far the tallest pre-modern statue in the world.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Jinli Pedestrian Street, No.231 Wuhouci Street, Wuhou District, Chengdu 610041 China
The driver will drive back to Chengdu Jinli Ancient Street. It will take about two and a half hours. You can visit Jinli Ancient Street freely. After the tour, your private vehicle will take you back to the hotel.(No need to buy tickets for Jinli Ancient Street).
Jinli is a street in Chengdu, Sichuan, China. The street is about 550 meters long. It is a part of the Temple of Marquis, and the buildings are in the Qing Dynasty style. The theme is Three Kingdoms Culture, a traditional folk custom. There are many bars, inns, snack stores and souvenir shops. The street was renovated in 2004.In 2005, Jinli was named as “National Top Ten City Commercial Pedestrian Street”.
We have prepared text introductions for the Big Buddha and Jinli for you to know more about their history!The personal drivers we provide are professional drivers who serve foreign tourists all year round. They will do a good job of safety and service!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your personal driver picks you up at 8:00 am in the hotel lobby.
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Accept all national tourists, but we provide English text introduction! You can use a translator to communicate!
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Before the driver works, his body temperature has been measured, and he starts working within the normal range.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.