Kayaking on Lake Arenal
Enjoy a pleasant time kayaking on Lake Arenal with breath-taking views of the Arenal Volcano.
Be sure to remember your camera because this 2.5-hour paddle on Central America’s second-largest lake gives you the best views of the behemoth Arenal Volcano and Costa Rican wildlife!
The view is spectacular with the lake on one side of you, and the majestic Arenal Volcano and amazing lush rainforest on the other.
We use high-quality kayaking gear like Ocean Kayak brand single and double kayaks, lifejacket and paddle. We start at the small town of Fosforo at our exclusive Pedal & Paddle Adventure Shop and get paddling instructions and a safety talk so you feel comfortable in your kayak. Explore the secluded bays and isolated islands along the lake.
Return to our Pedal & Paddle Adventure Shop where you will have the chance to change into your dry clothes and to fuel up with a refreshing and well-deserved delicious snack.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- kayak; life vest; paddles
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bilingual naturalist guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Arenal, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos Costa Rica
Experience kayaking like never before! Kayak across the stunningly beautiful Lake Arenal with views of the massive Arenal Volcano! During your trip, you’ll have the opportunity to observe different species of birds like the “Flycatcher”, “Kingfisher”, “Great Blue Heron” and “Anhinga” and you may also see and hear Howler monkeys!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We have an extra transport charge for locations outside of our normal pick-up zone.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Ask about our "Pure Private - Pura Vida" upgrades to make your tour completely PRIVATE. We also have locally-handmade, 3-ply fabric masks and plastic masks for sale. Let us know if there is anything we can assist with for making your travels as safe & comfortable as possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.