Juneau Gold Creek Salmon Bake
When your ship is docked in Juneau, experience a traditional Alaskan salmon bake on this shore excursion that offers a variety of post-meal activities. Savor the aromas of and taste wild salmon, grilled slowly over an open flame. Then, roast marshmallows around a campfire, head up to Salmon Creek waterfall and visit the historic Wagner Mine. Several shuttle departure times give you the flexibility to enjoy the salmon bake as lunch or dinner.
per adult from
1 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Buffet and Hot & Cold Beverages
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Entry/Admission - Alaska Travel Adventures
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Souveniers (available for purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alaska Travel Adventures, Port of Juneau, Juneau, AK 99801-8093
A feast as grand as Alaska itself! The Gold Creek Salmon Bake is an event we’ve “grilled to perfection” for over 40 years. Savor an all-you-can-eat Alaskan feast, in a unique environment that you'll find nowhere else.
Arrive at a beautiful setting, in a lush rainforest alongside a creek, under heated, translucent domes protecting you from the elements, rain or shine. Savor the aroma of wild salmon, grilled slowly over fires of fragrant alder wood – the signature entrée of this all-you-can-eat Alaskan experience – and settle in for a feast for all your senses!
The sumptuous spread has something for everyone. Choose from grilled salmon, Cheechako chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, Tongass wild-rice pilaf, Alyeska au gratin potatoes and a robust selection of other sides, salads and beverages. Beer and wine are available for purchase. Vegetarian or gluten-free? There's plenty to tempt your palate! And, just when you think you've had enough – bring on the blueberry cake for dessert! Come back for seconds, or thirds, while local musicians set a festive mood with live music.
After dinner, take a short stroll along a natural salmon-spawning creek to the entrance of the Wagner Mine at beautiful Salmon Creek Falls where you can pan for gold, see mining relics, and look for salmon. Have fun roasting marshmallows over a campfire and feel free to take photos at our interactive, gold rush mural. You’re also encouragaed to visit the Trading Post to purchase a souvenir and other mementos.
The food, activities, and ambiance make Gold Creek Salmon Bake an Alaskan experience that is much more than a meal. Shuttle buses run regularly, so no need for you to rush, take your time and enjoy. Don't return until your tastes have been satisfied and you're filled with great memories.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Mount Roberts Tramway, 490 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please indicate your ship or hotel name when booking your tour
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.