Hiking in Kathmandu
The Kathmandu 1-day Hiking Tour is for those who want to enjoy a brilliant walk in the outskirts of the valley. The hiking tour allows its participants to enjoy the beautiful green forests, meadows, and farmlands which are abundant in the outskirts of the valley and also discover the culture and customs of the Nepalese people along the way.
Jamacho Day Hike, as the name suggests, can be done in one day. Jamacho day hike is one of the popular short hikes in Nepal. At the top of a hill in Shivapuri National Park, there is a Buddhist shrine called Jamacho Gumba. A view tower stands there which offers a bird’s-eye view of the Kathmandu valley and on a clear day you can see the magnificent Himalayas in the north. And on a smaller hill below you can see Swayambhunath aka the Monkey Temple.
It is also a great way to enjoy the distant views of the mountains in a very quaint setting.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- An English-speaking hiking guide
- All government taxes
- Tourist service charge
- Official expenses
- Airport and hotel transfers as per itinerary in private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Your travel insurance
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for guide and driver.and Personal expenses
- Personal equipment and clothing
- Nepal visa arrangement (more on Nepal Visa Information)
- Entry/Admission - Jamacho Gumba जामाचो गुम्बा
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jamacho Gumba जामाचो गुम्बा, Nagarjun 44600, Nepal
Jamacho monastery is at the elevation of 1500m which is one of the most popular, short and easy hiking near Kathmandu.
On the hill top of Nagarjuna, you will find the small statue of Nagarjuna Buddha on the beautiful Jamacho Monastery. On the east side of the stupa there are two rows of Buddhist gods and goddesses. In the first row Mahankala is in meditation pose and third Vasundhara while second row includes white Tara, Padmapani green Tara, and Vajrapani.If luck favors, you can enjoy magnificent views of Annapurna Himalayan Range, Manaslu Himalayan Range and Langtang Himalayan Range from the top of the hills.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Nagarjun Forest Reserve, Kasa Marge, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
It is located in the country's mid-hills on the northern fringe of the Kathmandu Valley and named after Shivapuri Peak of 2,732 m (8,963 ft) altitude. It covers an area of 159 km2 (61 sq mi) in the districts of Kathmandu, Nuwakot and Sindhupalchowk, adjoining 23 Village Development Committees.In the west, the protected area extends to the Dhading District.The park is located in a transition zone between subtropical and temperate climate. The typical vegetation of the park is middle hill forest from 1,000 to 1,800 m (3,300 to 5,900 ft) of altitude, consisting of:Himalayan subtropical broadleaf forests and Eastern Himalayan broadleaf forests.
Stop At: City Viewpoint, Nagarjun 44600, Nepal
Jamacho viewpoint is popular for stunning Himalayan backdrop Jugal, Ganesh Himal with Langtang that inspire you to take a snap by your camera. From the peak of the Nagarjuna hill, you observe Bird’s eye view of Kathmandu valley, Swayambhunath temple and Nuwakot with Buddhist shrines and monasteries.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nagarjuna Cave Shrine, Ichangunarayan, Nagarjun 44600, Nepal
One of the famous story of the Buffalo Buddha(shortly) long time ago when Acharya Nagarjuna was living inside his cave happily, an idiot buffalo herdsman (from Kathmandu) became possessed by faith in the Master, and came to him frequently offering delicious curd and milk, etc. After passing few days when buffalo herdsman asked Nagarjuna to come to town, the Master got refused by Nagarjuna saying, ‘If you are able to meditate till perfect reality, sit down with me here in this cave’. Herdsman did as he was told to do, but mentally disturbed by his work of guarding buffaloes. Due to which he could think of nothing but buffaloes. After this problem Nagarjuna Suggest to herdsman as ‘visualize yourself as a buffalo’. After this clue buffalo herdsman meditated. Today the cave is so called, the Cave of Buffalo Buddha. And it is believed that buffalo herdsman became Buddha buffalo after meditation. Later on his horns struck the rock above him to initiate the holes, which today are known as his horn-prints. Then Nagarjuna suggest him to contemplate his whole body in its natural state of total relaxation. Meditating accordingly, body of buffalo Buddha became as previous and his senses became sharp and alert.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Trishakti Marg 2, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.