2-Days Trekking to Australian Camp
The 2-day hike to Dhampus and Australian Base Camp gives you a wonderful opportunity to dive into the nature of the Himalayan Mountains. The tour starts about 45 minutes by taxi from Pokhara. You hike through tropical forests and beautiful rice fields. On the way, there are also some cosy villages where you have the opportunity to observe the daily life of the Nepalese peasants. At Australian Base Camp, you can enjoy the beautiful panorama of the Annapurna Mountains. The view is breathtaking at sunset as well as at sunrise.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Private transportation
- Professional, English speaking guide and all his insurances and expenses
- Accommodation in the Guest House
- First aid kit
What's excluded :
- Drinks & Beverages
- Travel & rescue insurance
- Tips for guide, porter and driver
- Porter service. Can be added at a rate of 17$ per day.
Day 1: Pokhara (930 m) - Phedi (1,440 m) - Dhampus Village (1,650 m) - Australian Camp (2,165 m)
Stop At: Dhampus, Dhampus, Gandaki Zone, Western Region
We pick you up in your hotel in Pokhara after breakfast and take a to Phedi which takes about 45 minutes. We climb up on stone staircases until reaching lower Dhampus which takes about 1 hour. We keep climbing up through the rhododendron forest for around 2 hours and stop at a scenic viewpoint from where we can see very spectacular Annapurna Range and Machhapuchhre Himal (6,997 m). From there we walk around 30 minutes to our lunch place with a beautiful view of the mountains. After lunch, we climb up through the rhododendron and oak forests and reach Pothana, which takes about 1,5 hours. We make a short rest and keep climbing up on stone staircases until reaching Australian Camp after around 1 hour. We enjoy with Sunset view over the Himalayas in the evening. We stay overnight in a hotel in the Australian Base Camp.
Duration: 6 hours
• Lunch: One main dish which can be chosen from an extensive vegetarian and non-vegetarian menu. Drinks are not included.
• Dinner: One main dish which can be chosen from an extensive vegetarian and non-vegetarian menu. Drinks are not included.
Accommodation included: Guest House
Day 2: Australian Base Camp (2,165 m) - Kande (1,770 m) - Pokhara (930 m)
Stop At: Pokhara, Pokhara, Gandaki Zone, Western Region
We wake up early in the morning to enjoy a breath-taking sunrise with a view of the Annapurna Range. After breakfast in our hotel, we descend for around 2 hours to Kande, from where we take a car back to Pokhara. The car ride to Pokhara takes about 45 minutes. We drop you at your hotel in Pokhara.
Duration: 2 hours
• Breakfast: One dish which can be chosen from an extensive vegetarian and non-vegetarian menu. A cup of tea or coffee is included.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will be waiting for you in front of the hotel.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.