1 Day Tour of Nairobi and Environs
Nairobi as a gateway to East Africa is a major business, political and financial hub, most tourists arrive in Nairobi on their way for a safari or on business engagements and therefore have very limited time to tour the city. This 1 day tour of Nairobi and its environs is a product that offers an opportunity for visitors who have at least a day to spare.The tour covers a broad spectrum of what Nairobi has to offer including Parks, Museums, cultural attractions,architecture and heritage sites, wildlife viewing, people and culture, shopping, Traditional meals sampling etc. At the end of the day, the guest will have experienced almost all of what Nairobi in general has to offer.
per adult from
6 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Entrance fees to highlighted attractions
- Entry/Admission - Nairobi National Museum
- Entry/Admission - David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- Entry/Admission - Giraffe Centre
What's excluded :
- Lunch - All meals and drinks are not included
- Tips and gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nairobi National Museum, Museum Hill, Nairobi 00100 Kenya
A unique facility that represents Kenya's history. Thousands of artefacts are preserved here to show case the county's rich ethnological, paleontological and archeological past. Historical evidence of man's evolution and habitation of wildlife and birds are brilliantly exhibited. Visitors are also taken through an interesting art and cultural gallery. A section with a catalog for birds and snakes of Kenya will be an interesting section for visitors on a guided tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Mbagathi Road Kws Workshop Entrance - Nairobi National Park, Nairobi 00503 Kenya
The David and Daphne Sheldrick elephant sanctuary is a special and a unique orphanage located at the edge of the Nairobi national park,the orphanage caters for elephant orphans rescued and salvaged from different parks and reserve areas within Kenya. The baby elephants are then reintegrated back into their natural habitat under close observation and supervision. Meet the team in charge of this special project, listen to their interesting lecture focusing on individual elephant history, enjoy watching the elephants as they bathe and tackle each other playfully.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Giraffe Centre, Duma Rd, Nairobi Kenya
We take an afternoon visit to the Giraffe center, this is the only center in Africa whe guests have a chance to watch and learn facts about the rare Rothschild Giraffe. Get facts about the conservation efforts being engaged to save these gentle giants. This amazing guided experience could be just one in a lifetime. Watch a family of warthogs and beautiful bird species that are found within the compound of this center. Later you can shop for Giraffe artifacts at the center's well stocked gallery.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Learn to Make Jewelry&Pottery frm clay - Kazuri Beads Factory, Karen, Nairobi 00502 Kenya
We finally wrap up our day with a visit to the Kazuri beads factory, a tiny workshop in Karen experimenting in hand crafted ceramic beads. I'ts founder started with two single motherhood women in 1975 and soon discovered that there were many others who were disadvantaged and in great need of regular employment. Today Kazuri beads has become a popular stop and guests can take a guided tour to see the women making beautiful pieces of handcrafted beads and necklaces and an assortment of dining and kitchenware.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Nairobi Metropolitan Area, Kenya
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.